Tuesday, March 20, 2012

all sewn up...


I have been totally inspired by this gorgeous book called "all sewn up" by Chloe Owens that I stumbled across in a book shop recently. Chloe is an incredibly talented textile artist who has a wonderful way with fabric, applique and embroidery. I particularly love her designs which have been "drawn" upon using delicate machine stitching and black thread. Chloe says in her book "This way of working came much more naturally to me than using pencils and paints".
There are 35 exquisite projects in this beautiful book, all with beautiful photos and styling. Even the book cover is just so pretty.



Using a few scraps of fabric and a bit of thread I had a go at making a little bird using this technique. I certainly need a lot more practise before my birds are as cute as hers, but it was certainly fun trying!




3 comments:

Faygie Fellig said...

looks wonderful... thank you

Sandrine said...

Looks like a nice book, and I think you did a brilliant job yourself!

Kellie Collis said...

Those are lovely! Enjoy the fabulous weekend ahead, Kellie xx