Monday, April 2, 2012

vintage crate shelving...


A few weeks ago I made an impulse purchase on Ebay - 50 vintage fruit crates! I had been searching for something to fill the very large cream wall at the back of the living room. This wall would be the perfect spot to build in gorgeous cabinetry and bookshelves, but beacuse we are renting this just isn't an option. Instead I have stacked up my purchased crates in a fairly random pattern and although they are sometimes a little wonky they add a lot of character and a whole lot of storage. Unpacking the last few boxes from our move was a wondeful feeling and the crates holding a surprisingly large number of books, with plenty of room left over for a few vases, ornaments, and other bits and pieces. I can see myself rearranging and organising them in the months to come - maybe moving my husband's novels, with their less than pretty spines, to the crates hidden behind the sofa!



7 comments:

Tamsyn said...

Wow Clare, this looks amazing! What a clever idea :)

Kate said...

What a brilliant idea!
You have to be happy with that little photo op :)
Kate x

Faygie Fellig said...

love it! you really have a GREAT IMAGINATION!

Faygie Fellig said...

love it! you really have a GREAT IMAGINATION!

F said...

this looks amazing - you are so clever to have created this.

Sandrine said...

This is just wonderful Clare, Well done!

Tracy VT said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! I love that they are a bit wonky!