Wednesday, May 2, 2012

keeping it on show...



I love the idea of having everything tucked away in cupboards but know that I am the sort of person who only remembers to use things if they are in sight. I only ever take my multivitamins when I leave them next to the coffee machine, I forget to use my pretty platters if they are hidden away at the time I am frantically plating up dinner, and I only remember to spray on my perfume if it is on my dresser. This need to have things on show in order to use them is especially true of necklaces. When we lived in our own home, I nailed in a row of hooks on my bedroom wall, just next to the door so I could grab one on the way out. But since we moved into this rental home in Melbourne I have been searching for a place to hang them that didn't involve creating holes in walls. I toyed briefly with using 3M hooks but they aren't the prettiest things and so weren't going to tick the 'attractive' box, although they are wonderful for hanging pictures and photos. And so my necklaces were lying unused and tangled in a drawer until a clean-up in the garden revealed an old rake that my husband was going to throw in the skip. Inspired by this photo I had seen on pinterest, I simply cleaned it up a bit, removed the handle and hung it from the picture rail with wire. The tines are just the right angle for hanging my necklaces (colour-coded of course), I love the contrast between the old, peeling paint and the costume jewellery, and it was totally free...perfect!





4 comments:

Westendpieces said...

Love this idea.

gilang.soesilo said...

simple and clean.. like it ^^

Osk and Oly's Mum said...

This is definitely an idea I am going to use, I have masses of necklaces that need a pretty home! Love it!!!
xx P xx

rosaliaa said...

it is so creative idea